Saturday 23 January 2010

Tonight Is Goodbye Music Videos: Part 2

Tonight Is Goodbye - Brain

This is another "early" video from Tonight Is Goodbye.
I really like the concept of this video. It's a mixture of performance; stop animation style (with the amps moving around); and reverse paint splatter scenes.

I like the simplicity of this video.
The moving camera along the performance shots, makes it interesting to watch. The moving camera from the back of the band is also interesting.
The stop animation is fun and works well to the song.
I like how it changes half way through to the cuts of the band performing and then they have paint over them.

My favourite shot is during the bridge:
Now I want to rewind to the start,
when boy meets girl, nobodies' hurt,
I learnt you lips with every kiss
Now I think I made a big mistake
I called you a tart, and you slapped me in the face.
My hurt begins to break, crushing happy memories
I thought I had of you and me,
Now I made another big mistake,
Sorry boy you ain't my charm,
No happy family we will make.

The paint splatter reverse. This must've taken ages to get right, but overall I think it looks really good!

It just shows that you only need a few elements to make an interesting music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment