Saturday 30 January 2010

Friday's Lesson.

I came in an hour late on Friday's lesson because I was sick in the morning, so I only managed to catch the last part of the lesson, which I've made posts for below (hurtwood house & professional music video amount of cuts).

In the afternoon, Steve helped us out with another music video director history - Anton Corbijn.


His work was really influential, and unique. I love the contrasts in his photographs!

His video for "The Killers" was perfect for the song and his style of shooting was also perfect for the location.
I have a feeling he incorporated a "7 Deadly Sins" theme for the music video.
The girls hold up a number; the footage after this clip reveals the sin.
Especially because this song is all about the things he's ashamed of in the past.
I have no idea if this is the right concept but I think it fits in pretty well.

Notes while watching the video:

Lust - 4 - girls in car/ running after them

pride - 1 - past life - kiss marks

gluttony - 3 - walking - little horse

greed - 6 - walking with lights - i'm not soul but i'm not a soldier - show down

anger - 5 - show down - hiding

envy - 2 - last call for sin - falling

sloth - 7 - revenge - girl gets him



Anton seems like he's been there through lots of different genres, and radical stages in the music industry, and I think we can learn a lot from him because he started out as a photographer but his music video work is just as good.

I had to leave lesson early because I was feeling unwell, but Steve was explaining the techniques of photography. I was so gutted that I had to leave because I love photography, and I didn't get a chance to go location shooting with my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment