Friday 8 January 2010

Favourite Music Video 1

This is a music video, by one of my favourite bands, "Broadway". The song is called "The Same Thing We Do Everyday Pinky".



The way it is shot, just amazes me. There's something about it that really inspires me, especially the way the clips fit together. The blur to the right of the frame makes you feel slightly disorientated - almost dreamlike.

The location is perfect; very secluded and basic but also the colours fit phenomenally to capture the beauty in the entire video.
I understand that this song isn't to everyones taste, but it's so refreshing to see a video with beautiful imagery, instead of another "party" styled video.

The cross cutting between the band, and the child running with the balloon is also very dreamlike; but it is fixed together with the shots from the hot air balloon and scenery.

The performance is convincing and it really makes me want to jump in a hot air balloon and sing along to this song! It's absolutely amazing.

Overall, I would like to use the same style of colour they used for this video because the outcome is incredibly beautiful, and very complimentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment