Saturday 23 January 2010

Best Fwends - Skate or Live.

This song is from 2007. My friends and I were obsessed with it during the summer of 2007.
We even made our own version of this video, and the band saw it and commented/ favourited it on Youtube; but somehow the video was deleted off of my laptop. It was one of the best feelings though, to be congratulated by the band, on a little fan video you made.

I didn't realise how much I love stop animation. It's so interesting!
I'd love to incorporate it into our music video, but I haven't explored it well enough yet, and I'm not risking it on this project. Also our style of music doesn't really connect with stop animation.

I love the colours in this video, they're mental. I also love the fact that the stop animation isn't perfect in this video.

It is also made of two elements- Lady in stop animation, and the bands performance on Tv.
Simplicity is just a winner in music videos.

You probably won't be interested by this, but last Decemeber 2008, my boyfriend, his brother and I all made this video, on my mac laptop. It took ALL day but it was totally worth it:

1 comment:

  1. have a look at this guy's work for stop frame animation:

    www.youtube.com/user/barrypilling

    ReplyDelete