Monday 25 January 2010

Chris Cunningham


I'm sorry to be rude, but Chris Cunningham's work was so weird, disturbing and mental that I couldn't really take it seriously. I know one of his music videos for Aphex Twin- Windowlicker was suppose to be a parody but I just found it uncomfortable to watch.

However, he has a very unique way of expressing his videos, and they're very unique.

I'd seen 3 of the videos before: Frozen - Madonna; Bjork; Aphex Twins.
I really like the Madonna one, it's very clever, and interesting to watch.
The Bjork video has a really unique concept.
I highly dislike the Aphex Twin one, it's too disturbing for my liking.
I wasn't too keen on the "Come To Daddy" video. I freaked out a bit and resorted to looking at my laptop screen, due to the awkwardness.

Chris Cunningham is an English music video film director and video artist. He was born in Reading, Berkshire in 1970 and grew up in Lakenheath, Suffolk.

The video collection The Work of Director Chris Cunningham was released in November 2004 as part of the Directors Label set. This DVD includes selected highlights from 1995–2000.

Cunningham has directed a handful of commercials for companies including Gucci, PlayStation, Levis, Telecom Italia, Nissan and Orange. also S.M.A. childrens milk



No comments:

Post a Comment