Sunday 17 January 2010

Favourite Music Video 2: The Blackout



This is a song by another one of my favourite bands. The reason why this video is one of my favourites is because I was actually at this video shoot. It was filmed at Islington Academy, in London, during the summer.
It was interesting to see how a video shoot works, and I can now use this event as help with my own video.
The best things about this video are:
The Energy: We had to listen to this song for about 3 hours in a row, all stuck in a small venue, with loads of strangers, just like an ordinary gig, but as you can tell in the video, it just looks like one shot. The fans kept the energy going throughout the 3 hours, to dedicate it to the band. It all paid off because the video turned out great and we all got a free gig afterward. I also crowd surfed for the first time, and ended up keeping someone in the head; that was another reward - the crowd surfing obviously, I apologised the the person. I met so many new friends this day as well, all because of this video shoot.
The Cuts From Performance to Throughout the Day: I like the variety of footage and shots used in this video because they capture the spirit and atmosphere of the whole day, and really live up to the song.
The Style of Video: The colours and brightness/ vividness of this video is something I want to include in my video because it makes it really memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment