Thursday 21 January 2010

My Generation Music Video.


Yasmin - My Generation from cmdiploma on Vimeo.


This is my cut for "My Generation" music video. 
It's definitely what I had in mind, or wanted for this video but it'll do for now. 
I tried to use the variety of shots to get everyone in and create an energetic atmosphere.

I used a mirror effect to reveal the whole band and dancers. It doesn't look that good but it's a different way of revealing band members. I definitely won't be using this effect or look for our music video. 

I've learnt that the cuts need to be quicker so that the audience don't get bored and just keep it to the point. 

I'm not really proud of this video. It's pretty boring to be honest.


Skills Learnt: 

I haven't learnt a lot from this but practice makes perfect. 
I suppose the main thing I've learnt overall is to keep the cuts short, and straight to the point.
Also that moving camera is a lot more interesting the still camera, for this genre of music, but I still prefer still footage compared to moving. 

This lesson was okay, I've felt sick throughout the two sessions, so the constantly repeated music gave me a bit more of a headache, but a part from that the sessions were good, and I produced a video that was the length of the song. I wish we had a wider variety of footage, then the video would've been a lot more fun to edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment