Wednesday 17 March 2010

3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?

I remember being really pleased with this feedback for our initial idea for 1,2,3,4. Looking back on this it made me think of how we stuck to our original idea, but simplified it. I think we took all of their concerns (bottom) on board and tried to to answer their questions. I think that the simplicity of our idea made it a lot more easy for the audience to believe and give us clear feedback.



The feedback for our rough cut was exactly how we wanted the audience to react. They all felt really happy, and understood the concept. We knew that the video wasn't what we wanted so the improvements were fair because we needed to re-lipsync certain parts, and some parts were held for too long etc, but it was nice to have reassurance of what needs to be improved.



The digipak feedback was also reassuring because I was proud of what I'd accomplished but I liked that the audience understood the link between the font and the paper effect. Also they all appreciated the digipak which they would be the target audience for.


This feedback was a nice surprise. I'm still glad that everyone understood the concept and also that the comments made keep improving, because everyone seemed to appreciate the rough cut, and they seemed to like the video even more. I didn't realise that the lipsync was a bit off, and if we had more time I'd obviously go back and improve this. We converted our mp3 to an avi file because we'd gotten use to the "popping" sound that the audience had picked up on, therefore that's probably why our lip sync is slightly out. We didn't realise that some shots are too long, because we were editing to the beat and syllables (in the verses). Overall I'm over the moon with the feedback that our final video has received.
This feedback is fair. However I have to argue against some of the points. I have to disagree with the similarity to the music videos. The official 1234 video is filmed in one continuous shot, with dancers in colourful outfits, performing a dance routine including the performer, who is in a blue sequin jumpsuit. The only similarities between these videos is the fact that both performers have brown hair, and are wearing blue. In the sesame street version the only similarities are the fact that at one point there are six people who sing and wave the heads like in our video. Maybe the main similarity is the happy atmosphere between both videos. However the points are appreciated and I do take every criticism on board.

This feedback made me very happy. It was completely out of the blue after I posted my music video on my personal blog and asked for people to watch it, and to "feel free to give feedback". I don't really talk to Sam about my media work, so for him to tell me that he understood the happy theme and it made me smile, made me feel like the concept was accomplished and to make people feel happy is a great feeling. He also saw the lipsync out of time, so I was expecting that comment.

Overall I think we took on board all of our feedback and tried to make it fit around everyone - I am extremely pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment